• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "Publish" to Generate Responsive HTML5 Output: Which Files to Provide to Developer?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the built-in "Publish" feature in FrameMaker 2020 to generate Responsive HTML5 output (context-sensitive). The output is located in the Output Folder that I specify in the Publish panel.

In RoboHelp, I used to be able to click "Publish" to send only the output files that the developer needs to check in to the application's code.

Is there a similar option (button or setting) somewhere in FM 2020 to deliver only the necessary output files to the developer and, if not, which files do I need to manually copy and deliver?

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

I don't think that RH Publish function ever made it over to the create-direct-from-FM model. Just send them all the files in your created Output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

It's the files inside that folder (not the folder name itself) that need to be maintained in relative reference to each other - if you look inside any of the HTML files with links, you'll see a bunch of  \\...\..\ type of referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that RH Publish function ever made it over to the create-direct-from-FM model. Just send them all the files in your created Output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That folder is automatically named "Responsive HTML5."I don't see a way to specify the name of that folder before generating output, so will I break anything if I manually rename it afterward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the files inside that folder (not the folder name itself) that need to be maintained in relative reference to each other - if you look inside any of the HTML files with links, you'll see a bunch of  \\...\..\ type of referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines