• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "Save as PDF" changes fonts

Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some documents in czech in FrameMaker 12. When I print to pdf the documents converts all right, but when using "save as pdf" all arial fonts are replaced with Times New Roman and the entire process seems to use a lot of time and computer memory. The Save as PDF always have been buggy, but some of my customers apparently seems to need this feature. How does one troubleshoot the strange behaviour of font replacement ?

Best regards

Bjørn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usual suspects:

AdobePDF printer instance is not set as the default (use SetPrint utility available from http://sundorne.com/FrameMaker/Freeware/setPrint.htm).

Printer vs. soft fonts (i.e. installed fonts)

Are you using a codepage Arial font for Czech or a unicode enabled version?

Distiller joboptions  - embed & subset all fonts; Cancel if embedding fails

Avoid CMYK option with OTF Pro and WGL-TT fonts unless you specifically are creating output for colour press work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check default settings in the Acrobat Distiller job options, check the default job option in the PDF Setup for the document, and make sure that the settings that include the your solutions are the default for the Adobe printer instance. Otherwise, you may get it set up correctly but the wrong settings get pulled by a default value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi StudioSm

If you are using Acrobat DC

Open Acrobat

go to edit<Preferences<Documents<remove the check for Save As optimizes for Fast Web View.

now try converting and saving the file.

Thanks,

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines