• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v13.0.3.495 - Cannot modify tab stops in Paragraph Designer

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this was a problem in recent versions or not (haven't adjusted tab stops in a while).

I have a paragraph format with:

- First = 0.25"

- Left - 0.5"

- Tab stop = 0.375" L

I wanted to change the tab stop to 0.5" L, went into Paragraph Designer, edited tab stops, changed the value, clicked Continue.

Paragraph Designer reappeared, tab stop value appeared as 0.5" L for a moment, then reverted to 0.375".

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

I had almost the same issue (also FM 13.03.495) some weeks ago. I wanted to change a tab stop from left to right aligned. If I remember correctly I clicked Apply in the Paragraph Designer, and then the tab stop setting reverted to its original state.

I noticed this only in a single file. As I could not reproduce this with other files, I ignored this issue. I think I changed this tab stop setting in another file and copied the paragraph format into the problematic file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had almost the same issue (also FM 13.03.495) some weeks ago. I wanted to change a tab stop from left to right aligned. If I remember correctly I clicked Apply in the Paragraph Designer, and then the tab stop setting reverted to its original state.

I noticed this only in a single file. As I could not reproduce this with other files, I ignored this issue. I think I changed this tab stop setting in another file and copied the paragraph format into the problematic file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version, working as expected.

Did you click Apply or Update All after clicking Continue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... yes, I can update the same paragraph format in another document. Imported the format into the problematic document to get the doc released, but the issue remains (still can't modify the tab stops if I want to do any other changes).

Thus... will copy the content into a new document and that should do the trick.

(Oh yes... w.r.t. BarbBinder's query, the changed tab value reverted as soon as I left the dialog -- it appeared momentarily with the new value, then reverted. So, Apply/Update All would have (and did have) no effect 😞 )

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a full out bug. I have this happening on several machines. I've had to resort to editing the MIF version to get a modified tab stop to stick.

I see the same behaviour. The change momentarily takes in the Paragraph Designer dialogue and then reverts back to the previous value.

Please file a bug report at: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, Arnis,

Thanks for reporting the bug. We would like to know more details about the behaviour with tab-stops not getting saved. We tried it at our end  but we didn't encounter it.

- Which OS you are on?

- Do you remember when were you able to use the feature successfully last? Is the issue only with the latest patch?

- Does it happen on all files?

- Even on a new file?

- On files where it happen, if you save them as MIF does the tab-stop issue get resolved?

- Can you please send us a file that exhibits the bug?

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'm now on 13.0.5.547 and the bug bit me again today 🙂

And I figured out a workaround now that I could look at it with fresh eyes.

Because the problem occurred throughout my book, I (essential workaround steps are underlined):

1. Opened a document from a different book
  2. In that document I modified the paragraph setting that I wanted to be using in the buggy-book, including adjusting the tab stop.
  3. Applied the paragraph format to a line in the document.
  4. Copied just that line and pasted it into a new, blank document.
  5. In the new, blank document (well, blank except for that line I just pasted), I used the paragraph designer to remove all other paragraph formats.
  6. Went to the buggy-book, selected all files in the book, and imported paragraph formats from my almost-blank new document (meaning it imported *one* paragraph format).
  7. Looked at the docs in my buggy-book... looking good.
  8. For kicks, went into the paragraph designer and tried to change the tab stop and ... it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines