Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanted: Complex Table of Contents

Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been developing some custom scripts for generating complex tables of contents for the airline industry. I want to generalize them into a solution that I can demonstrate to others, possibly through a free webinar. I need to find a good sample project that can be used to demonstrate the process. If you have a book with a complex TOC that would be a good candidate, please let me know. Here are the requirements:

1) A TOC or list that would be difficult or impossible to generate with FrameMaker's built-in generated file tools.

2) An unstructured book that has content that could be freely shared with others via a webinar, etc.

Your compensation will be a free TOC solution that you can use with your book. Thanks in advance.

-Rick

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client with a difficult TOC—they can't use a generated TOC but instead define 3 separate x-refs per entry. Is that what you are looking for?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb,

That might be perfect. Would you or your client have a problem with us using it for a demonstration like this? If not, I would like to see the book and its TOC. Any linked graphics wouldn't be necessary. Thank you very much.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines