• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp from DITA – yes or no?

Advisor ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I've got: several sets of DITA files, all used successfully (outside FM) to create both .pdf and WebHelp

what I'd like: the ability to open the same set of DITA files in FM2019 and … generate WebHelp

what I've found so far: File > Save as … with no WebHelp option; File > Publish with no WebHelp option.

what I've seen: one tantalising occurrence of the string for WebHelp users there is something special, in the Adobe TechComm Blog

So – am I hoping for something FM can't deliver, or just going the wrong way about it? Hints and tips welcome!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.. can we get on a quick call. If you can mail me your email address, we can connect via video conference and see if we can resolve this issue 🙂

BTW, Responsive HTML5 is WebHelp without responsiveness. Posisbly you can try Basic HTML - it is similar.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea – I'll be in touch. Note, though, that trying publish to html5 got me no farther than this …

html5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats odd. Please reach out to my email address and we can get on a quick connect session.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that with structured documents like DITA you can use XSLT to get just about any output you want. Obviously, it takes some programming, but once it is set up, it can be pretty much push-button from FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines