• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird unresolved cross-reference problem / work-around

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a weird one: updating a book with Frame 2015 (13.0.1.385); the doc has several settings of conditional visibility, plus a couple of imported mifs that are also conditionally visible. While updating, I got an unresolved cross-reference error out of one chapter. The link in the error file went to the first page of that chapter, not to the erroneous cross-reference. Searching for unresolved cross-references produced no results, in the body or master pages. I set the conditional visibility for that chapter to "show all" and updated the book again. I got the expected errors for inconsistent show/hide, but no errors for unresolved cross-reference. I set the show/hide back to the correct settings, updated the book again, and got no errors.

This solution scares me - what do I do if it doesn't work? Is there a better answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were all of the files open in the book when you did the book update? If there was an error opening a file during an update, e.g. a missing font, then that would also create a broken cross-ref message, as that file couldn't be opened for the update.

There also have been five patches issued for FM 2015. Your version should be updated, see: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines