• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the steps to unzipping/rezipping the Settings.sts file?

Participant ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting the edited sts file to work. Last month, I unzipped it, made a minor edit, re-zipped it, changed it to the .sts file extension and it works fine.

This week, I copied the working sts file and made a minor edit. Now, I can't get it to work. When I select this sts file from the Settings File drop-down in the Publish dialog box, the message "Failed Parsing Setting File" appears.

It fails even if I simply unzip/rezip the working sts file. No changes to the contents of the Settings file, just unzip, rezip and it fails. 

Maybe it's something about how I'm unzipping/rezipping? I might have done it differently a month ago. Do you change the sts file extension to .zip before you unzip? Do you use the zip or 7z utility or something else to unzip? To re-zip? 

I've tried all variations with no luck. I'd appreciate any help! Under a deadline...of course!

FYI, FM 13.0.2.433. Creating HTML5 ouput.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When recompressing, make sure to select the files (and not the enclosing folder)

Compressing the folder gives the file a different structure than the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines