• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does Overprint do when I select "From Color"?

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to revise my texts about FrameMaker. In the area of Graphic Tools there were multiple changes over the past FM versions. For example this, for which I do not find any explanation ...

For Overprint there are three methods to choose from: Knock Out, OverPrint and From Color.

What does the method From Color do and how do I handle this method? We do not have an Apply button any more.

TOPICS
Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

"From color" will read the overprint value from the color definition. It can still only be "knockout" or "overprint".

I think it just allows you to have different values set per color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"From color" will read the overprint value from the color definition. It can still only be "knockout" or "overprint".

I think it just allows you to have different values set per color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReedError as explained what the From Color does (which hasn't changed since FM7 if not earlier).

But I'm wondering what dialog you are in that lacks an Apply. Some now do indeed to appear to lack that, and sport a ☑ button instead (that's a U+2611 box with a checkmark in case your browser substitutes something silly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You, ReadError for the explanation.

@Bob: Since FM-8 the graphics tool bar changed 3 times and with the last change in FM-14 those Apply buttons were removed. See https://www.daube.ch/docu/files/FM-15-details.pdf#page=68.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines