• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is a .4EB file type?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When closing my FrameMaker files individually from the book file, I got messages saying that certain fonts were not in a file and asking if I wanted to add them. This seemed unusual, so I clicked "No." After clicking several of these, I had a crash. When I reopened the book file, I discovered that one of the chapters (c09.fm) was represented by a question mark (?) in the file icon in the book file. When I tried to open  the file from the book, I got an error message saying that the file does not exist. When I checked the file in my Explorer directory, it had been renamed to "c09.fm.4EB." What happened, and what should I do about it? I would like to keep and continue using the renamed file because it contains changes that I don't want to hunt down and do again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Try renaming the c09.fm.4EB to just c09.fm and then try opening that in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the c09.fm.4EB to just c09.fm and then try opening that in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. While waiting for a reply, I did exactly that. When I opened the file directly, not from the book but  with the book already open, the file relinked to the book, and I am good to go. Another writer here also confirmed this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines