• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I attempt to open FrameMaker 2017, I receive the following error: "Adobe FrameMaker 2017 has stopped working."

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the title, I receive this error when I open FrameMaker 2017: "Adobe FrameMaker 2017 has stopped working." It happens whether I'm attempting to open a .book file or just opening the application. It was working fine relatively recently, and I didn't just install it or change any settings. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If renaming your preferences folder doesn't get you anywhere, you may be looking at an uninstall/reinstall. If that doesn't get you anywhere - time to contact the FM folks at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter:

Did you try resetting your preferences?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-resetting-preferences/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it on windows 10?  I had this problem and had to change a registry key.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal

The documents path included  a ""oneDrive" hop in the path, and I had to remove that part of the path.  Instead changed it to

C:\Users\myusername\Documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was Windows 10, and we do use One Drive. I don't know about that registry key though. IT actually reformatted my computer. (See my other reply for a little more details.) Hopefully this helps someone else, and I wish I had tried it earlier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was almost at that re-image spot after 10 days of IT not able to fix the problem.  I do know how to edit the registry so this fix worked for me.  Please share' my fix with your IT folks so they dont keep wiping out peoples' computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try resetting my preferences, and it didn't help. My company's IT ended up talking to support. FrameMaker worked with another profile on my PC, but even after reinstalling, IT and Adobe support were unable to get it working on my profile. My IT ended up reformatting my computer completely. Kind of an overkill solution, and I realize it won't be very helpful for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines