• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I export an EDD and try to re-import, an error message says it is invalid

Explorer ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to FM 2015. When I open an older FM11 file (DITA 1.2) and export the EDD then I cannot import it any more even if I have made no changes.

My assumption is that the EDD structure might have changed in FM2015?

Addition: The error message also appears when I try to import the EDD into any other file, also a newly created document.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Rsfl,

I can't duplicate this, but I am using a different structure definitions. I have some questions, though, because I can't quite figure out what you are working with. You say "FM11 file (DITA 1.2)", but DITA XML should have no relevance to an FM version. Unless you are talking about a previously-DITA file that you saved as binary FM. Also, you did not give any specifics as to what the error is, but it should be easy to find. If the EDD is structurally invalid, you should be able to at least f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rsfl,

I can't duplicate this, but I am using a different structure definitions. I have some questions, though, because I can't quite figure out what you are working with. You say "FM11 file (DITA 1.2)", but DITA XML should have no relevance to an FM version. Unless you are talking about a previously-DITA file that you saved as binary FM. Also, you did not give any specifics as to what the error is, but it should be easy to find. If the EDD is structurally invalid, you should be able to at least find some clues with Element > Validate.

I can't say with authority, but I think it highly unlikely that anything changed to make older EDDs incompatible with newer FM.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Russ,

this was a template file (in the technicalContent folder) - I feel a bit silly to not have used the standard validation function that you proposed. It turned out the exported EDD actually had two structure faults. Having exported and imported this EDD previously without problems I completely missed this possibility.

Maybe in FM2015 the checks during importing have become more strict, whatever: after correction the import works again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines