• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I print a framemaker document to pdf the option in pdf Setup > Bookmarks > Bookmarks expanded through level will not allow me to select "none"

New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print a framemaker document to pdf the option in pdf Setup > Bookmarks > Bookmarks expanded through level will not allow me to select "none" or "default" etc. I can only select the number that is showing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

This dialogue entry also allows you to directly enter a value. So type 1, 2 or 3 as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dialogue entry also allows you to directly enter a value. So type 1, 2 or 3 as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing in None or 1, 2, or 3 worked. I just find it strange that you cannot select from the drop down menu.

Thanks for the help and answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of drop-down lists in FM where you can also manually enter any value instead of selecting what is shown in the list. Unfortuntely, there are no visual cues that you can actually do so. Just plain bad GUI design...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a similar problem in frame 2015 on Windows. In my case, I can't select anything from the drop-down menu. Nothing happens at all. AND even if I type a 1 in the dialog box, the PDF still opens with all of the bookmarks expanded. Is there a setting in some other place (in Frame or Distiller) that might be overriding this dialog?

I found a workaround that can be done in the PDF after it's created but it's an extra step I'd rather not have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just find it strange that you cannot select from the drop down menu.

It's not a bug - it's a feature.

Btw:

It's not the only "feature" in the mentioned dialog.

Deselect Articles.

• How will the articles be threaded now in a PDF?
  • The Articles drop down list is still active. Why?
  • When you select an option of the drop down list, FM selects Include Paragraph Tags in Bookmark Text?!

What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "Articles" checkbox is deactivated, no articles will be produced, and therefore there will be also no article threading.

For more information about articles in PDF, please also see here: PDF articles, Adobe Acrobat.

Thanks also for reporting the bug about the wrong activation of the "Include Paragraph Tags in Bookmark Text" when a value from the Articles drop-down is selected. The correct behavior should be that the Articles checkbox gets re-activated when a value is selected from the drop-down.

We can reproduce this and I have just filed an internal ticket for this (FRMAKER-3709). We will look into a fix for a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How will the articles be threaded now in a PDF?

Articles allow a user to easily a read multi-story document online—like a newsletter or magazine—where a story is placed in multiple columns, and likely jumps pages.

Articles increase the size of the PDF and since most Fm files these days are books that are read sequentially from page 1 until the end, I view articles as unnecessary for most Fm jobs and routinely turn them off.

By the way, I have yet to encounter an Acrobat user who knows what articles are prior to my introducing them in an Acrobat class. At best, they have been confused by the zooming in when they inadvertently move into the article view, and have figured out how to get back to the normal view.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Arnis+Gubins  schrieb

Just as an addition: you can also enter "0". This will only display the top level headings in the bookmarks column.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. We can reproduce it and it is already filed under ticket FRMAKER-2396. We will look into a fix for a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines