• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using Find and Change, the font is changed.

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a document where all body text is in Arial 9. I was trying to find all occurrences of a word and change it to something else. But as I pressed Change, the font switched to Arial 12. Very annoying, Why does it do that and how can I prevent it? I am using Framemaker 12 I think.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the target paragraph has an override on it to make it 9 pt. When the text is changed, it is using the base paragraph formatting, which is 12 pt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the base paragraph format? I thought it would be enough that I have configured the settings for the format in the Paragraph designer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set the properties in the Paragraph Designer. My answer was only a guess. If you want to send a document off-list, I will be glad to look at it. rick at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you just change to other text?

Or did you select By Pasting? Then the formatting of the text which you had copied is used. This could be Arial 12 pt.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Change To Text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was your search text and what's the replacement text?

When you search for text across paragraphs (with wildcards and \p or \P), it could be that the formatting of a paragraph before or after the searched text would be applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for "Generation 2" and wanted to replace it with "G2". Plain text strings. And nothing but Arial is used in the document.

I am using an old template though, and I know that Times New Roman was used before at the company. So it seems to be an underlying "layer" somehow even though I have updated all paragraph formats.

Could it be something that has to be changed in the reference pages? I tried to look there but couldn't figure out what to do there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the video. Based on what I see, I am not sure what is going on. I would like to see the document to know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines