Where can I find APIs to connect FrameMaker to IBM Content Manager?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the process of migrating from PTC's Arbortext authoring tool to Adobe's Technical Communication Suite.  We have thousands of structured DITA content files currently stored in our company's standard repository, IBM Content Manager. We need to connect FrameMaker to IBM Content Manager, but we haven't been able to figure out how.  We've tried numerous times to contact our Adobe rep, but we get no response.

Does anyone have experience with connecting FrameMaker to a CMS such as IBM Content Manager?  What is the process we need to follow?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try contacting the Tech Comm support people? Try shooting an e-mail to tcs.support@adobe.com<mailto:tcs.support@adobe.com>

BTW – didn’t you verify that TCS could talk/work with your IBM thingie before you got going with this? Just wonder’ng…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried contacting our assigned technical support contact, but never hear back.  We'll give the tcs support email a try. Thank you.

You make a good point about verifying FM could work with IBM Content Manager before purchasing.  Unfortunately the people who investigated tools and determined that FM was the right one took new jobs and are no longer involved.  They knew this was a gap, but I guess figured they'd come up with a solution at some point.  As it turned out, those of us who remain are left to figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first question: Who did you contact at Adobe without getting a response? Let me know and I will try to track down what went wrong.

The official e-Mail account for Adobe FrameMaker and Technical Communication Suite is TechComm@adobe.com

A good starting point for development is the FrameMaker Developer Center: Framemaker Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection

There you can download the FDK 2015 Windows installer. From there you can also download the FDK Installation Guide, an Introduction to the FDK and the details on how to set up your development environment and the complete API Reference.

Further down on the page there is also a section called "CMS Connector". There you can also find a sample connect for Adobe's CMS "Adobe CQ" (now "AEM") including full source code. This should give your developers a good first start.

Let me know if you need any additional information. Please feel invited to drop me a line to gentz@adobe.com!

Kind regards,

Stefan Gentz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
annh53947082 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the ideas, Stefan.  I forwarded them to the tool team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines