• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Can I find the TCS 5 Installer?

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue with Acrobat DC and in trying to resolve it killed my Acrobat XI Pro installation.

I tried to reinstall Acrobat XI Pro, but it wouldn't take my TCS 5 serial number.

I cannot find the TCS 5 installation to download. It is not in my various Adobe profiles (although I registered it). Can someone point me to the TCS 5 installer, so I can download it and fix my Acrobat issue?

Thanks,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. I don't see how to mark this answer as the correct one, but it clearly is!

FWIW the Adobe Acrobat DC - Acrobat XI Pro interaction is seemingly diabolical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marked as correct.

FYI, don't ever mix different versions of Acrobat on any machine. It will lead to unnecessary pain and suffering...   [Also, mixing Acrobat and Reader is not recommended - possible, but still should be avoided according to Dov].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, over the years, I have avoided having multiple Acrobat instances on the same PC (including Reader). I did not knowingly install Acrobat DC, I think it came after I installed TSC 5 when I installed InDesign CS. If not then, I cannot guess when Acrobat DC arrived. But, there were issues with Acrobat DC and IX Pro that I ran into, and when I tried t resolve them (by removing DC), everything got hosed. Nicely played, Adobe, nicely played.

Thank you to the forums and some good support for saving my bacon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, Acrobat DC 2016 was just launched today, so be wary of the new one being pushed on you as well.

You can compare what's in XI vs DC 2015 vs DC 2016 here: Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines