• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is this mischievous "open on page 3" coming from?

Advisor ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I distil a book I made this morning, I carefully select Open PDF Document on page 1 … and every time I open the resulting .pdf, it's opening at page 3. Not the end of the world, but both puzzling and a nuisance. Any ideas on what's happening* and how to correct it?

* I haven't scrutinised a .mf version of the .book file yet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have non-numeric page numbers at the start, such as a frontispiece with roman numbering?

I believe that Open PDF Document on page: 1 will open the document on the first page that has the string "1" as its page number. If so, you want to set the dialog to the actual page number, such as "i".

Alternatively, set Open PDF Document on page to the empty string. To make this work, you might have to type some text into the field, then set it to the empty string, and then click Set to set your new PDF Setup.

There is also a setting in Adobe Reader, Edit >  Preferences > Documents category > Restore last view settings when reopening documents. If checked, this might remember the last page you were viewing. I've not tested this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines