• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I use system variable building blocks in a user variable?

New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FrameMaker 11... I'd like to make a short variable that simply includes the full year -- no month, no date (e.g., "2016").  It is for a copyright page in my documents, that I'd just as soon forget about.  I just want to ensure that the year on this page is current (and auto-updates, if necessary when I build the book). 

I just had to re-PDF and re-release a document because of this (and our release process is anything but "speedy").

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

You can change the definition of one of the ...Date system variables to output only the year. For example, change the definition of Modification Date (Short) to <$year>.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the definition of one of the ...Date system variables to output only the year. For example, change the definition of Modification Date (Short) to <$year>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, Mike... I did exactly that, when I realized that those could be modified as such.  I just have to be EXTRA CAREFUL when importing formats between documents to ensure that "Variable Definitions" is un-ticked, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines