• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do hidden characters now appear as numbers?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

I just upgraded to FM 2017. When I imported my first old FM doc, the tab hidden characters are now visible as 1s and the line break hidden characters appear as 2s.

Is there a new setting I accidentally bumped... or?

I am using the unstructured mode.

Thanks for your help!

Cassandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Barb - Thank you! This fixed it so the hidden characters now show the correct symbol. A small thing, but it was making me a little crazy after all these years of seeing the "correct" symbols. I usually have the View Hidden Symbols turned on as it saves time if I ever need to troubleshoot. Installing the font into the Windows\Fonts folder did the trick. - Cassie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View Text Symbols turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks, Jeff. That made the numbers disappear. But...why did they suddenly start appearing as numbers, rather than the tab hidden character and the line return hidden character like they did in earlier versions of Framemaker? Is this a bug of some kind? I've love it if you knew the answer to that. It's just so random! If not, still thank you very, very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've seen this before. This thread has an answer for you: FrameMaker file showing numbers instead of text symbols

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb - Thank you! This fixed it so the hidden characters now show the correct symbol. A small thing, but it was making me a little crazy after all these years of seeing the "correct" symbols. I usually have the View Hidden Symbols turned on as it saves time if I ever need to troubleshoot. Installing the font into the Windows\Fonts folder did the trick. - Cassie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would drive me nuts, too. Glad I could help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines