• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my pods in FrameMaker 2015 randomly disappear?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has happened three times on my computer, and twice on my co-workers since we've upgraded from FM9 two months ago.  We are not experiencing any crashing or freezing at all.  Sometimes we are not even actively working in Frame.  It's just open, and when we return, the pods will all just be completely gone, causing us to have to reset all of them from scratch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Do you have your workspace saved at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your workspace saved at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely watch my students undock their pods (or panels), close them to get them out of the way, and then insist later that they didn't. It seems to be an involuntary thing.

Follow Jeff's advice ^^ — create a workspace that has everything where you want it and save it. Next time the pods take off on an adventure, just reset the workspace.

VMware Fusionss_011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We format and publish the Administrative Rules for the State of Idaho, so closing the pods that we use so routinely everyday would be a real pain, accidentally or not, considering we have them all set up so specifically, however we've been running Frame since version 8, and when I was trained on it, no one ever mentioned the saving of a workspace to me, silly enough.  We never encountered this issue in version 9 through 12, and seems to be a new issue for us, since upgrading two months ago.  I went ahead and saved a personal workspace file, which makes perfect sense.  Thank you so much,  Jeff and Barb, for the suggestion.  Hopefully this will at least allow me to recover from or prevent this issue from happening again in the future  

I appreciate the quick feedback!

-Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines