Highlighted

Why do some of my paras retain old style after update with Para designer when others change ok please

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using Frame 10 on Win 7 Pro

I am trying to change the font and color for a few paragraph tags with Paragraph Designer.

Most of the paragraphs change OK when I click Update All, but there are odd paras that don't change with the rest. For example, trying to apply changes to Table Text will change some entries but not others even in the same table. I find that rather impossible to believe.

Similarly, for some of my numbered lists the change affects the actual number digit correctly, but the text retains the old style.

I can change the offending tags outside of the Para designer, but I suspect they will just revert to the old style if I close and reopen the chapter.

Any help please?

Thanks

Phil

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Arnis_Gubins | Most Valuable Participant

Assuming that this is a structured document, the formatting overrides might be specified in the EDD for some elements.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why do some of my paras retain old style after update with Para designer when others change ok please

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using Frame 10 on Win 7 Pro

I am trying to change the font and color for a few paragraph tags with Paragraph Designer.

Most of the paragraphs change OK when I click Update All, but there are odd paras that don't change with the rest. For example, trying to apply changes to Table Text will change some entries but not others even in the same table. I find that rather impossible to believe.

Similarly, for some of my numbered lists the change affects the actual number digit correctly, but the text retains the old style.

I can change the offending tags outside of the Para designer, but I suspect they will just revert to the old style if I close and reopen the chapter.

Any help please?

Thanks

Phil

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Arnis_Gubins | Most Valuable Participant

Assuming that this is a structured document, the formatting overrides might be specified in the EDD for some elements.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis

My bad - I'm not using Structured any more.

I'll repost in the proper forum

Thanks

Phil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2015 0