Why does Framemaker 15 freeze Windows 10 computer on launch?

New Here ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happened once before and cleared up after several restarts. I've installed the latest patch, and I still cannot open my FM files. The computer freezes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

If the problem still persist can you please clear/rename Fm2015 appdata (%appdata%\Adobe\Framemaker\13). Also please do send me crash logs at ksaini@adobe.com

Thanks

Kunal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
patgal77 AUTHOR
New Here ,
May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kunal. I ran a restore point from three days back, and the problem cleared up. It seems that some of the Windows updates are interfering with the program, so I have turned off automatic updates.

I really would like to know if Windows Stupid 10 is interfering with FM. It's a big problem, because I am at exam time in school right now.

Regards,

Pat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
patgal77 AUTHOR
New Here ,
May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and another thing: When I got FM to run again, it started up as a trial program. I had to type in the serial number, which I fortunately had saved, to run it as my regular program. I paid freakin' $1000 for this software, so I expect it to run as usual. Seriously, that is a lot of money to have these kind of problems.

Pat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
patgal77 AUTHOR
New Here ,
May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the HELL is with Framemaker? It is freezing up my whole computer again on launch, and Windows has deleted my previous restore points, so I can't do a restore.

All my other programs launch just fine; it's just FM that is causing a problem. And that is a big problem, because I have a project due in two days.

Will you please send me a d*mn solution or an update or something. As stated, after paying $1000 for this program, I expect a lot better performance and feedback than duuuuhhhh, dunno.

Also, you folks were completely lame for an entire month when I had problems installing my FM. I've seen quite a lot of similar complaints online.

Pat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This seems like a system specific issue and we would need more details to troubleshoot.

I'll ask our Support team to engage with you for more details.

~Abhishek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thank you for contacting Adobe.

I have sent you an email, in order to further troubleshoot this issue. Please reply back to the same email.

Regards,

Ashish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patgal77 - You do know, don't you, that this is primarily a user-to-user forum here? Staff do jump in to help, but it's not the way to get Support's attention if you've got an issue. Just contact them directly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
patgal77 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I was replying to an email I'd gotten; I didn't realize it was still being posted on the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines