Highlighted

Why does the font for page number in index stay stuck at New Times Roman?

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This was a maiden attempt to add an index in a FM2019 book. I got through all the steps to completion, all except one.

I have used Arial Narrow font for the Index Level1IX and Level2IX styles, which looks great. However, the page number text remains stubbornly stuck at Times New Roman 12 points. See the screenshot:Capture.PNG

In case of the TOC, the page number text adopts the same font as one specified in the paragraph style, so why not the Index?

Any idea what one needs to tweak for ensuring identical font for text and page numbers in the FM Index? Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

Apurva

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Apurva:  It's because in an Index, the links are on the page numbers and you might want to format them differently (i.e., blue and underline). You don't, so navigate back to the IX reference page and use Paragraph Designer to update the <$pagenum> building block. It's usually the last line on the page, then update your book. 

~Barb

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does the font for page number in index stay stuck at New Times Roman?

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This was a maiden attempt to add an index in a FM2019 book. I got through all the steps to completion, all except one.

I have used Arial Narrow font for the Index Level1IX and Level2IX styles, which looks great. However, the page number text remains stubbornly stuck at Times New Roman 12 points. See the screenshot:Capture.PNG

In case of the TOC, the page number text adopts the same font as one specified in the paragraph style, so why not the Index?

Any idea what one needs to tweak for ensuring identical font for text and page numbers in the FM Index? Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

Apurva

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Apurva:  It's because in an Index, the links are on the page numbers and you might want to format them differently (i.e., blue and underline). You don't, so navigate back to the IX reference page and use Paragraph Designer to update the <$pagenum> building block. It's usually the last line on the page, then update your book. 

~Barb

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0
apuwdm2 LATEST
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Your solution is spot-on. I appreciate your quick reply. 

Regards,

Apurva

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0