• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the keyword Index search capability not work in Responsive HTML5 output with FM 14.0.3.500 upgrade?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded FM 2017 to 14.0.3.500 in early December, 2017, the keyword Index search capability no longer works in my Responsive HTML5 output (an online Help system). If you type in the search bar of the Index, nothing happens. Previously, the Index would immediately start offering keywords starting with the string that was input. I did not change anything in my settings files. Any idea why the keyword Index search no longer works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

In the Tracker, the case has meanwhile been tagged as 'Working as Designed'. 'Working as Designed' obviously means: Applying this patch renders all existing template customizations unusable (without any advance warning) and it is up to the user to do all the customizing again in order to get a help system with a working index keyword search.

Definitely not my expectation of how a patch should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't checked this, but please post to adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this as well with FM 14.0.3.500, and if it worked before, this is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raise a bug report to get it on Adobe's radar - piling on with "me too" in the forums doesn't get anything fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did file a bug report at adobe.com/go/wish as instructed on January 11th, on the same day I posted my original question here on the forum. So, with great hope, it is on Adobe's "radar" already and will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmckita​ - great - please post the link your bug report so that others (like @hakaes35581866) can add their votes. That's the appropriate place to add "me too" reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report can be found here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-3805

We have already seen it and will look into it as soon as possible and update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to some inherent code change, it's mandatory to pick the latest layouts provided in FrameMaker (2017 release), Update 3.

In case you have some customizations on the older layout, you need to redo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Tracker, the case has meanwhile been tagged as 'Working as Designed'. 'Working as Designed' obviously means: Applying this patch renders all existing template customizations unusable (without any advance warning) and it is up to the user to do all the customizing again in order to get a help system with a working index keyword search.

Definitely not my expectation of how a patch should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines