• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Windows 7 Professional NOT allow FM 7.2 installation?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks,

I am trying to install Frame Maker 7.2 version on Windows 7 Professional Edition. It shows error that the Application is not supported by my OS. However, I also tried with FM 11 and that's working fine. But I have few corrupted files that are in FM 7.2 version which I need to access. With FM 11 that's not happening, don't know the reason. Screenshot added for explanation.

FM 7.2 not working.PNG

I have the licensed copy for both the versions of FM. But only FM 7.2 is not getting installed on my Windows 7 Pro.

Someone please help me to resolve this situation or please recommend if I have to make some changes in Windows Settings.

Regards,

Vishal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please reach out to TCS Support (TechComm Support) and they'll be able to help.

Chat Support - https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=ATST_how-tos-troubleshooting_stillNeedHelp

Phone Support (IVR Option – 2 > 4 > 5) – Support Phone Number available at https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/customer-support.html

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bet is that Win7 dropped some crucial APIs that FM7 relies on. I'll bet that even if you use the Compatibility Mode dodge to get FM7.2 to install, the Acrobat components won't work. Also, if your Win7 is in 64-bit mode, that alone would break things, as FM7 reportedly didn't run in XP/64.

What you probably can do is install XP Mode, and then install FM7.2 in that. This is how I run FM7.0 on Win7Pro64. For details see: Re: FrameMaker Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vptworacle,

I have no problem running FM-7.2.0.0 on my W7-x64 (professional) system. I have even FM-6.0p405 running:

FM-in-taskbar.png

However, the installion my be tricky: Setting up my new laptop last year I started with installing FM-6, then 7 ... So finally dobuleclicking on a file opens FM-13. But starting FM-7.2 and then opening files is no problem.

Regarding the setting of compatibility in the FM-7.2 FrameMaker.exe file: I have not set any of the options (also not at FM-6).

Klaus Daube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using FrameMaker 11 to open the FrameMaker 7 files? It might just work.

If FrameMaker 7 fails to open them, you can also try a "heroic open":

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=heroic%20open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines