• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why don't my imported graphics stay transparent?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FrameMaker 13.0.

When I import a graphic (.png file) whose background shows as transparent everywhere else (Word, Photoshop, InDesign), it becomes opaque and covers everything underneath it. I've not had this happen before until recently and can't find a setting that appears to need to change. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look at Arnis' document on transparency - How to create live transparency in PDFs using FrameMaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrameMaker imports graphics with the background set to white by default. First try selecting the graphic and set the Fill to None. If this doesn't create the desired effect on output (the internal rendering on screen in FM may not show the proper effect), then try using one of the approaches in the tutorial that Jeff mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines