• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why in Frame 19 can I not paste a table as is to Outlook? It worked in Frame 15.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an earlier Frame version, it was easy to copy/paste a table to an Outlook message and preserve the table format, with a simple copy/paste. This is no longer possible in Frame 19: it copies the table as plain text, it does not preserve the table or bullets, etc. I set Outlook Format Text to HTML, and still no go. I recently upgraded from Frame 15 to Frame 19.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maybe this is an Outlook issue.

In Outlook there is an option to set the behaviour, when you paste something from another application into an Outlook e-mail.

The option is in (translated from German) Options | E-mail | Editor options | Advanced | Cut, Copy and Paste:

Paste from other applications

There you can set to keep the original formatting or to paste only the text.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Winfried, I looked at the Pasting from Other Programs setting in the Outlook Options and it’s already set to Keep Same Formatting (Default). That in effect should do it, but it doesn’t. The only solution I can find so far is to save the Frame document containing the table as RTF, search for the table in the RTF file and select it, then paste it into the Outlook message. -- Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I played with this yesterday, Bert. I run Fm on a Mac and use Mac mail instead of Outlook—but found that I had the same result as you pasting a table into Mac mail, and also into Word.

You might post this on Tracker so that the Adobe engineers can see it.

Tracker

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines