Highlighted

Why is my tab directory hidden in a PDF

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a FM-book (V12) consisting of a number of files. One of these is a Tab directory for the binder the documents shall be placed in. The tabs are created in a table in the tab directory file. I also want a PDF-solution for the documents and in this I wish the tabs i the tab-directory to be active links to the differnet documents. So I created hypertext links between the Tab-directory and the first page of each document in FrameMaker. Works beatiful.

However, when I create a PDF of the book the tabdirectory table is whitened out. The links are there and works but the tab-texts are hidden. Note that there is other text in the tab directory document that is not blanked.

Any ideas why?

I even removed the links and regernerated the PDF but the tabs remain hidden.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is my tab directory hidden in a PDF

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a FM-book (V12) consisting of a number of files. One of these is a Tab directory for the binder the documents shall be placed in. The tabs are created in a table in the tab directory file. I also want a PDF-solution for the documents and in this I wish the tabs i the tab-directory to be active links to the differnet documents. So I created hypertext links between the Tab-directory and the first page of each document in FrameMaker. Works beatiful.

However, when I create a PDF of the book the tabdirectory table is whitened out. The links are there and works but the tab-texts are hidden. Note that there is other text in the tab directory document that is not blanked.

Any ideas why?

I even removed the links and regernerated the PDF but the tabs remain hidden.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the CMYK or RGB option when creating the PDF?

Is the text in the tabs rotated?

What type of fill is used in the table cell and have you applied a colour to the text [what kind: spot, rgb, cmyk]?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2015 0
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the links work in the pdf, even though you can't see them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RGB. The text is unrotated and I have no colour either in the cells or the text.

The links are ther and work but the text is hidden.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the text is sitting behind the fill. FM uses a postscript model, which doesn't suppprt transparency. Are you fully patched with FM12? IIRC, this issue may have been addressed with one of the later patches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 0