• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my TOC showing up as its own chapter IN the TOC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two separate types of TOC for these documents, one for the book, and others for the chapters,
Unfortunately, the TOC FOR the book is showing up as it's own chapter, which is absurd.

I don't know why it wants to show as Chapter 1, is the the TOC.
I have removed numbering from the TOC document. The next chapter has been set to show as number 1, both starting page count and chapter count.

I am clearly missing something.

Please assist and direct, if you know what part I am missing.

(yes, I have done document and book numbering here, and none of them are changing the problem, as you can see)

Thank you very much for any advice!TOC Problem.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you're using a heading style in your TOC that you've indicated gets picked up for TOC inclusion. Probably just need to change the one you're using inside that TOC & update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your ideas Jeff,

The problem appears to be that the book is trying to count the TOC as a chapter.  I have dumped the originally formatted TOC and started from scratch, but as of yet..  nothing.

I don't believe it is the Header style, it is something in the HTML in the Reference Pages, but I don't seem to be able to correct it short of dumping the file.

I have been unable to convince the formatting to NOT count the TOC as a chapter, so I removed that from the book, and have started from scratch.

I am afraid this will bite me in the back side at a later date; that TOC format has been used in our other documentation without issue before.

I will keep tangling, & thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's how you defined what the TOC should pick up - that's on your TOC's Reference Page - first chunk of stuff where it does the $paratext stuff and dot leaders etc. For example, in mine, it's set to pick up "Title" (as TitleTOC) and "Heading1" (as Heading1TOC) in my TOC Reference page, BUT, my TOC uses (on the Body page) a heading called "TitleF" which is NOT getting picked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines