Highlighted

Why is Xerox printer incompatible with FM?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried printing today from FM to Xerox WorkCentre  70225, and got an error message saying it was incompatible. Has anyone else seen that?Is it merely some weird one-off with this printer model?

Thanks!

Amy Sharp

DCI Int'l

Correct answer by Matt S - Tech Comm Tools | Adobe Community Professional

Odd, it's working for me, but here's the long link http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is Xerox printer incompatible with FM?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried printing today from FM to Xerox WorkCentre  70225, and got an error message saying it was incompatible. Has anyone else seen that?Is it merely some weird one-off with this printer model?

Thanks!

Amy Sharp

DCI Int'l

Correct answer by Matt S - Tech Comm Tools | Adobe Community Professional

Odd, it's working for me, but here's the long link http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best, most predictable plan is to always print to Adobe PDF, then use Reader or Acrobat to send to printer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm laughing a bit. The only reason I haven't printed to PDF is that I keep getting the error message that the file is invalid, and forums say it's because of internal security on the PDF images I imported by reference. I'm desperate enough to print from FM then scan the pages into PDF.

Which is why I'm asking. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If on Windows 10, ensure you're completely up-to-date.

Then follow all the recommendations I mention at techcomm.tools/pdf. This should solve your problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll take a look. We're on whatever version comes with Windows 365.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACP, I can't get your link to work.

techcomm.tools/pdf with or without the /pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incompatible in what way? Does it not have the correct drivers installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for a xerox driver that works with FM, but found nothing specific. I know I've printed from FM to all kinds of printers over the years, including Xerox, and never hit this before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0