I have a chapter of a user manual that has information from two versions, version 9.2 and version 10.0. I created conditional tags for both 9.2 and 10.0 and applied them to the appropriate text. When everything was tagged, I hid the 9.2 conditional text and instead of just that text disappearing, the entire chapter disappeared. When I un-hid the 9.2 conditional text, everything returned. The 10.0 conditional text when hidden did not do this. So, I went back and created a "NEW_9.2" conditional tag and applied it to all of the old 9.2 text. After changing each page, I tested the show/hide conditional text function and after each page, only the NEW_9.2 text became hidden. When all pages had the old 9.2 conditional text changed to NEW_9.2, I saved the document. Then when I went to hide the NEW_9.2 text, the whole chapter disappeared again. Un-hiding the NEW_9.2 brings it back. This time, if I hide the 10.0 text, the entire chapter disappears as well. What is going on with this? Other conditional text (such as the DRAFT watermark) does not exhibit this behavior when hidden.
Chances are that there is a mistake with the condition tags, or the hide/show settings, although the likelihood is reduced since you started over and re-tagged the text. Let's start there though...
FrameMaker is subject to erratic behavior when the the preference files become corrupt. If you are experienced with condition tags and are sure it is FrameMaker and not you, you can trash preferences to see if it fixes the behavior. (This can be undone if it doesn't fix the problem.)
Thanks for the reply. I actually spent some time on the phone with Adobe tech support and it turns out that there was an update pending for FM2019. Once I installed the update, the Conditional Text issue was fixed and everything displayed properly.
Perfect! Glad you are back on track, Dan.