• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my Responsive HTML5 output load?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate the HTML5 output in File > Publish with no errors or warnings, but when trying to view the output, only empty content panes appear with a "thinking" wheel that spins indefinitely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you using? It looks like you're trying to test it with Edge & there were issues with interacting with that browser in earlier versions of FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. That did it. Firefox works. I'm using FM 2015.

The Heading 2s aren't indented though, in HTML5 or WebHelp for that matter. Ideas about that?

FrameMaker:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I be saving my source files as FM files instead of XML files? Doing DITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heading appearances can be controlled by your CSS.

Saving as XML vs. FM? Sorry, no idea - I don't deal with Structured FM - I can move it over to the Structured forum if you'd like...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Sue, you should continue to save your working material as XML. Saving as .fm will create Fm binary files that won't be as transportable as the DITA.

However, when publishing you may find that using the Save as Fm book (with dependencies) (from memory, so pardon if it's something slightly different) to create temp files for publishing will create more controllable output.

Your screenshot above looks like the output from a book or file without a standalone TOC. Saving as Fm will give you the TOC that will then be used when publishing to HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines