• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Update FrameMaker Printing Disabled

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Windows 10 (version 1083 6/5/18) when I print to FrameMaker I get the following error:

Cannot print because selected default printer is not compatible with Frame Maker (cannot query escape 768).

I was also not able to Save as PDF but I read in an older post to set the job options to CMYK and that works.  So I have to make a PDF to print from FameMaker 11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread - Re: Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018 - revert to Win 10 1709 to fix for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All

Just to update you on Windows 10 (1803 build) issue which impacted File -> Print and File -> Save as PDF options with FrameMaker ( v12, v2015, v2017). We have been working closely with Microsoft team on this issue and recently an insider Windows 10 build was released.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/06/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

We have started testing out the issue that was reported on this insider build and initial testing indicates that issue has been resolved. We are still in the process of further verification and confirming that the issue has been resolved back to Microsoft team.  For those of you who have access to Windows 10 Insider preview builds (or would like to get enrolled in the beta program for Windows) , please visit https://insider.windows.com/en-us/ and try the new preview build. Once installed, if you check windows version it should show screenshot as below:

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager – Adobe Tech. Comm. Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines