• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working in seperate books

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a book similiar to my first book (I selected "Save Book As") using a PC. I am using Framemaker 2015. When I start editing the 2nd book, it changes the first book too and I do not know how to stop it from doing this. I have tried to change the header in the second book, but it changes the first book too. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book file is just a set of pointers with some additional parameters to existing FM files. Making a copy of the book file itself will still use the original FM files from the first book.

What is exactly that you want to in the secod book? If you want to edit/update the fioes and still keep the original book as is, then you should copy the entire folder containing the book and associated FM files (with graphics, insets, etc.) and then work in the copied folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy a book and its separate .fm files to a new directory, will the new book use the .fm books from this new directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: If I copy a book and its separate .fm files to a new directory, will the new book use the .fm books from this new directory?

If all the old book components were in the original dir, and everything else needed (imports) is accessible on the same relative paths, then yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines