• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong HTML file naming output

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a German book file in FM-2019 that should be converted to Responsive HTML output and we used special markers (CSHook_Help) to split the topics and the result should be HTML files named in English using the CSHook_Help markers, like the samples below:

CSHSection_InterfaceOverview

CSHTitle_WorkstationVariations

CSHTitle_MonitorConfigurations

CSHTitle_IconExplanations

CSH1_CaseStatusIcons

etc...

I did a test and everything is perfect when I export the German book file using FM-12. So, the HTML files are named in English and the content are in German.

However, if I open the same German book file in FM-2019 and export it to responsive HTML, the result will be HTML files named in German (instead of English). So, it seems FM-2019 is ignoring the CSHook_Help markers and naming the HTML files in German.

Do you know how to fix it in FM-2019? -- Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Best regards,

- Paulo Moreno

Excel Translations, Inc.

TOPICS
Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try recycling the .sts file from FM12 in FM2019? There's probably something missing in your FM2019 publish settings around the use of that topic name marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

We have the instructions to create the .STS file documented in a MS Word document and we followed the same steps to create the .STS file on FM-12 and FM-2019.

I've looked under Topic Name Settings and marked sure Split Topics Using Maker: is checked and CSHelp_Hook is entered in the field.

Capture.JPG

I believe this will force the use of that topic marker as the html filename. Also, it prevents the English hook names from being translated. -- Am I correct?

Thanks,

Paulo Moreno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding (based on an old Adobe Tech Comm blog post) was that you could control what the filename looked like based on the text entered into the marker (like in their example of Filename|Title), but I could be wrong - I don't use the FM Publish route myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines