Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrong numbering in table of content

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

the numbering of the tiles in the book is correct but while genarating out of the book a table of content the numbering of the tiles fail.

every title_1 has the number 1 title_2 and 3 work perfectly.

tableofcontent.png

in the template

title_1TOC has T:< =0>< =0>< >

title_2TOC has T:.<n+>< =0>< >

title_3TOC has T:.<n>.<n+>< >

the TOC in the referecepage looks like following

TOCreferense.png

what is wrong, what do i need to change?

thanks and best regards

beat

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beat,

It has been a long time since I worked on a reference page, but I think you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the numbering works. I don't think that a TOC can do any type of autonumbering. When you put the "1" in the reference page entry, it is interpreted as static text and naturally will not change.

I believe all numbering should come from the target paragraphs using the building blocks like <$paranum>. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Russ,

thanks for your feedback, it helped a lot!

so for the TOC there is no paragraph numbering to inclued! it's all coming from the TOC of the Templates reference page and looks like this:

<$paranum> <$paratext>.......<$pagenum>

Thanks a lot!

best regards

beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi beat,

I have a similar numbering system in my TOC styles as I struggled to figure out chapter numbers and paragraph numbers.

In my setup:

TOC1: <n+>\t

TOC2: <n>.<n+>\t

TOC3: <n>.<n>.<n+>\t

This may not be the best approach (I'm still a framemaker newbie) but it does work.

Hope that helps,

Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Russ

thanks for your feedback.

The numbering you see in front of the referenspage TOC ist NOT manauly entered! it's dyseplaed because of the entery in the paragraph numbering field.

The numbering in the books TOC works quite well exept ot the 1 in front, we already treyed T: and <$chapnum> but

I did not try <$paranum> yet.

beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines