Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML-related Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I converted my structured document to an XML file. While converting the file to xml, the console showed many errors and most importantly, it gave a message that XML file is not validated. I created an EDD file> exported the EDD definitions > structured my document as such > Saved the file as an XML. Please see the screenshot here. My document only contains a table. The question is, when I reopen the saved XML file back in FrameMaker, I do not see the table as formatted here. I just see the words EXP. Am I missing a step? If anyone can explain or walk me through the process, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Ahsan

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ahsan,

Unfortunately, this is a complicated process that nobody could just walk you through. You should get the latest copy of the Structure Developers Guide and plan to spend some time studying. You need a solid DTD or schema, read/write rules, and perhaps some other components. If you have specific questions along the way, somebody here might be able to help, but the question you are asking is effectively so broad that somebody wrote a book about it:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/pdfs/Structure_Dev_Guide.pdf

FrameMaker Developer Center

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines