Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML tags show in pdf publication

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

as I wasn't able to find anything in the Adobe Help resources regarding this topic, I was hoping to get some advice from the Community. 

I am currently testing the trial version of Adobe Framemaker and mainly writing DITA content. When I created several topics, organized them in a ditamap and published the content in PDF, I noticed that the XML-tags do show in the published PDF document (regardless of loads of template editing and formatting that needs to be done). 

Until now, I couldn't identify where the problem lies. Does this have to do with the XML validation? Or did I simply overlook a little detail in the publication settings? 
Would be very grateful for any advice here, so thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Sounds like Element boundaries (aka "tag") are turned on.:

"Note: The brackets and tags that mark element boundaries are characters that both print and occupy document space. Hide them before printing to suppress them in print output. Also hide them to see the document layout unaltered by element boundaries."

You can turn them off before publishing. To turn the display of Element boundaries off, deactivate them in View > Element Boundaries / Element Boundaries (as Tags).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Element boundaries (aka "tag") are turned on.:

"Note: The brackets and tags that mark element boundaries are characters that both print and occupy document space. Hide them before printing to suppress them in print output. Also hide them to see the document layout unaltered by element boundaries."

You can turn them off before publishing. To turn the display of Element boundaries off, deactivate them in View > Element Boundaries / Element Boundaries (as Tags).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked, thanks for the fast reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines