• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML to FrameMaker - FDK API

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any FDK API to convert XML to FrameMaker ? Do we have any alternative solutions?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this without an API client by creating a FrameMaker Structured Application. The process will depend on the complexity of the XML and how you want to format it in FrameMaker. You can also use an API client to import XML into FrameMaker. Or you can use ExtendScript (built into FrameMaker 10 and higher) or FrameScript (a third-party FrameMaker plugin from framescript.com). If you want to discuss this offlist, please contact me. If you can show me what you want to do, I can give you some suggestions. Thanks. rick at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your reply. I have created structured application and i assume sr_convert() function in structured application will convert the xml to framemaker. Please correct me if i am not correct.Please let me know API which calls this structured application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also look at using the freebie Miramo Personal Edition tool (see: www.miramo.com) to convert the XML content to FM files using either XSLT or their own macro pre-processor. It is a database publishing tool, but will work with any XML input and let's you apply FM formatting to the content as it is processed. An approach not that dissimilar to creating a structured applicaton that Rick mentions, but gives you a lot more flexibility. It all really depens upon what your intended output is and if you need to maintain the FM files between releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks much for your reply. We are trying to achieve it using API/structured application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines