• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

200+GB and counting where is fresco files on iPad Pro 2021

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many peaple ask for the same information, no really professional info for a power user and developer like me. My new iPad is full no way to backup on flash drive or to clear memory on fresco, most brilliant application for real artists. It is the same like working on canvas. Over 100 2 a week solid.  I understand the cloud story, for dummies, but the work is my work. Not adobe. Or Apple both do backup. Got iPhone 13 pro max and 128 poor memory filled with the Fresco files. So deleted fresco and guess what, gfresco app gone only from iPhone but files stay on my new phone. A basic workflow of any application is to be able to move it and save it according to your wish, no for Apple and Adobe we are too stupid to do that. This is a system for dummies, to avoid deleting by mistake, oops me bad. I am a user of photoshop version 1 how many of you can say that. So when I say as one of the best sudo developers on the face of the planet, that this is bad, you can take it to the bank. Hope I will find Lott the only just person here to find a way out of the jammm

TOPICS
Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the actual question? You've complained about iPads, and iPhones and Apple so far and mentioned how you can't find a way to delete files. I'm assuming you mean the working files which apple automatically keeps in storage rather than the finished saved files which you can save to anywhere you like, including personal servers if you have one of those.

Assuming you're talking about an iPad, are you not able to go into Settings > General > iPad Storage from which you can go to Adobe Fresco and choose to Offload App, which keeps documents and data, or Delete app, which appears it would delete the app and all related data, (can only assume this also means documents)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First why should I offload my app, keeping the art work safe is the issue as my work too expensive to share with everyone on the cloud. I keep private copy on the cloud as no other option exist. The latest version of illustrator allow to save locally. To my drive. Fresco is a iPad software, the best results for me. It is important for me to save in Fresco format not photoshop. What the big deal to be able to save my work to local drive. You can export, but not save to local drive in fresco format. That stupid or done for earning more money. I set all the files to be save on cloud. Offloading app leave the hidden files. Between Adobe brick wall and Apple snowberry no hope at all. All I ask let me export in Fresco format. Or on setting let me choose the location of my fresco files. I am not the only one here, everyone take Adobe and Apple as gospel, not me as I developed for them 30 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't the "Fresco" format, the same default PSD file that Photoshop on the iPad uses? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it is not, if you build your work in Fresco as professional artist using brushes to a fine deatail and glamout. Printing directly from iPad to canvas in Fresco format in high fine art ouality get better results. From photoshop format you need to resample the image that degrade quality if you intend to sale it as fine art. Fresco format is like camera raw format raw adjust Itself to the media depend on translation format. iOS on iPad act as a raw translator thru the system when you print directly to the from the iPad. The iPad Pro hardware is so superior the results are amazing. I print on canvas for 30 years, you can take my word to the bank. iPad 256 can hold max of 100 work iPad 500 holds about 250 works iPad 1TB can hold 400 work. In this level if you know what you doing it takes about 1-2 weeks solid daily work to compleat one. So hence the value of your time. I sale my art canvas and master faster then I can make them I gave up hand work to half finish work and continue by hand, the lack of digital master reduce value. I do what I want to do, never sale out. The existing of the digital master make a hell of a difference to my work and others I mentor. Hope that make you understand the value of fresco. I used photoshop version one to current version. Fresco is a product like photoshop V1. I never use it for animation. After effect or blender or blackmagic design Shiloh is in a fifer to league. The correct tool for the correct tusk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines