• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Cloud problems and Fresco no longer supports vector?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am revising and reposting this.  I still cannot open any files in Fresco because it says my Cloud is full, but it isn't .

1.  I have 0.8 GB of space free out of 2GB but I can't open any files in Fresco.

The files I want to open are all smallish vector files drawn in Fresco.

I can't even open files that are "available offline" with my wifi turned off.

Any ideas? Please help.

Yes, Fresco is the only thing running at the time.

2.  Also, why have all my files changed to PSD files? I use Fresco specifically for the vector drawing, so PSD doesn't help me in any way at all.  Why can't they be Ai files instead?  Why only PSD?  I am trying to export vector files and my only option is PSD.

I can't export files as PDF because I can't access them. And in Adobe creative cloud, the option to download as other file type (pdf, png, etc.) is no longer available and I can ONLY export as a PSDC file. So it turns my vector into a raster and then I have to turn it back into a vector and lose all my sharp line quality.

Is this the new way for Fresco?  See photos attached.  From Fresco home page I can only export as PSD file.

I just downloaded Vectornator and I am going to try that. It seems similar to Fresco. Anyone ever use this program?

I really appreciate any help at all.  Now I just want to get my files off of Fresco.  Thanks

TOPICS
Performance , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

@PAULA5C56 and @Sjaani    I knew the vector brushes couldn't just be such a purposeless failure of a tool.  Hope this helps: I've just studied Fresco art opened in Photoshop and discovered that vector art created in Fresco is not being rasterized when exporting to a Psd. Instead, the Fresco vector layers brilliantly become vector smart object layers in the Ps file. You can see them when you open the exported Fresco file in Photoshop. When you click on the Vector Smart Object within Photoshop, it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I responded to you recently, Fresco was originally created as a Painting app, which means psd was the intended target file type. As more people requested more features things like Vector were added. I agree 100% Fresco is not a good Vector app, they never should have tried to combine so many other apps features into it.

Yes I have tried Vectornator, and continue to have it installed.
Since Adobe now has Illustrator on the iPad they have a good Vector based app to use and it transfers files very well between the iPad and Desktop versions of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused. I thought the basic Fresco tutorials indicated that the purpose its vector brushes is to create assets scalable outside of Fresco. Isn't this true? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Babington. Co 

I thought the same thing.  That was why I started using it.

@Sjaani 

Thanks again for your reply.

I have started using Vectornator and it's like if Procreate and Illustrator had a baby.  It's pretty wonderful.  Now I just need to be able to access my work from Fresco to get it to Vectornator.

Thank again for your help!

paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PAULA5C56 and @Sjaani    I knew the vector brushes couldn't just be such a purposeless failure of a tool.  Hope this helps: I've just studied Fresco art opened in Photoshop and discovered that vector art created in Fresco is not being rasterized when exporting to a Psd. Instead, the Fresco vector layers brilliantly become vector smart object layers in the Ps file. You can see them when you open the exported Fresco file in Photoshop. When you click on the Vector Smart Object within Photoshop, it opens as the original vector art in Illustrator. 

Also, responding to the other related issue you mentioned Paula, and likely even more appealing to you, you can still export a Fresco file as an Ai file and open in Illustrator retaining the vector lines.  Ai, Psd, Jpg, Png and Pdf export format options are all found under the Share icon (Arrow pointing up atop rectangle in menu at top right of Fresco pasteboard.) You can choose to send a copy to Illustrator as an Ai file and it automatically opens in Illustrator, asking in the process if you want to open as objects/vector or flatten/raster. 

Hope all this is good news for you too, and you can now move forward with your vector files in Fresco, Ai and as vector smart object layers inside Photoshop when that is more useful! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Babington. CoYou are marvelous!  Thank you so much for taking the time to write back to me.  I will follow your steps.

I really appreciate it and it is super great news!   Take care ^0^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I am so glad I was able to figure it out and help. Not much else ever feels as rewarding as helping someone! 💓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paula, Just needed to come back to relay @Sjaani's answer to my similar post elsewhere about Fresco vector scalability. She clarified that the exported Ai vector lines are transformed into vector shapes. (composed of a single closed vector line)

To me, the shape composed of a single closed vector line still seems to look like the original unclosed single line and seems to scale up perhaps just as well. But I wanted to draw your attention  to this, so you can make sure you get the result you need. I hope you can still use the vector files you already created in Fresco, but in the future perhaps use Illustrator for iOS instead of Fresco when creating vector art that needs to be scalable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines