• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco for Windows Error: Live Brushes Not Supported on This Device (Surface Pro 4)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was extremely excited about the release of Adobe Fresco for Windows for my Surface Pro, especially when my particular model the Surface Pro 4 was listed as a supported device.  I installed the program and when I clicked on the live brushes icon I get "Live Brushes are not supported on this device" as an error.

I'm not understanding how we are asked to pay $10.00/month for one of the most innovative features such as live brushes when no where on the Adobe Fresco for Windows webisite does it say that the live brushes feature is not supported on a Surface Pro 4 when this device is listed as a supported device.  Is this feature going to be supported in the future or is there a workaround for this?  If so what is the workaround?  My Intel graphic drivers are up to date on the Microsoft and Intel website so that is not the problem.  Please warn people before they spend their money on this program for a major feature that in reality is not supported as advertised.  Thanks. (very, very disappointed in Adobe, Inc.)

TOPICS
Device , Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

iPeaches. 

I completely understand your frustration. And your disappointment. And can tell you this much: The team is hoping to enable Live Brushes support on the Surface Pro 4. 

I'm sorry I don't have more information than that right now. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPeaches. 

I completely understand your frustration. And your disappointment. And can tell you this much: The team is hoping to enable Live Brushes support on the Surface Pro 4. 

I'm sorry I don't have more information than that right now. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sue, Adobe:

That's excellent news!  I can't wait until Live Brushes are supported for the Surface Pro 4.  Thank you for the reply.  

Peaches... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Surface Pro (the model between Pro 4 and Pro 5) Live Brushes arent supported on this model either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this be the same for the Surface Go too? As currently Live Brushes are unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live brushes are currently available on the Surface Go and they work very smoothly. Impressive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they don't seem to be working on my surface go, why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am obviously having similar frustration at the lack of support for live brushes on Surface devices, since it has been a couple months since this post are there any new developments? Specifically any sort of timeline with regard to live brush integration for the Surface Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cody, I'm wondering the same thing.  I signed up for the six month trial on my iPad which is up in February.  I'm not sure if that same subscription is carrying over to my Surface Pro 4 since I signed into Creative Cloud with my Apple ID Fresco for Windows was released.  Thankfully, I am not sub'd to any other Adobe Products so it will be $10/mo come February.  That's in a few weeks.  Also, the "coming soon" features are also not released yet.  Therefore, if the Live brushes are not relased by the time my trial is concluded, I'm undubbing until they are so that's $10/month I'm saving.  When I see they are released I'll decide then if Adobe is worthy of my $$. 

It's a shame really.  Fresco is a beautiful innovative product for the Surface.  I'm very sad I didn't get to enjoy it fully because the company decided to release a beta version and expected us to pay for it.  Adobe should credit all surface users for all of the time we have been unable to use live brushes.  It's like using half a product.  Are we going to be able to pay half a subscription?  Let me try that and see how that works for me...

Peaches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish we would actually get some feedback on this. Two Fresco updates and no news on when support for Surface devices is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there.

So, we are in 2021 and the problem still persists?!?! 
I bought yesterday the Microsoft Surface Go 2 and I've tried to use the Live Brsuhes but it says the same thing. 

adobe, when are you going to sort this out? 
do we have to buy an IPAD to see FRESCO working properly? This is unbelievable!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sue,

I would like to get back to the topic from 2019.

It is now 2022 and my Surface Pro 7 with an i7 processor crashes with Live Brushes.

Are there any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe Team and hi Co Creators,

I have some news to announce. Fresco and the Live Brushes now seem to work on my Surface Pro 7.

A friendly Adobe manager suggested to update the Graphic driver manually on the intel website.

To be honest I was a bit reluctant, as Intel itself suggests on the website to (normally) better stick to the updates that you obtain throuh the producer of your laptop. But as the Adobe engineers urgently suggested this update I did it consequently.

And until now, there are no new crashes and in general, Fresco seems to run smoother.

So thanks to Adobe and their manager and engineers,

Happy Easter everyone

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here.  It says my surface is supported on the list, but then I get the "Live brushes aren't supported on this device" message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  Surface Pro 4, i5 intel, 64bit with an up-to-date intel HD graphics 520...and yet...live brushes are not supported. This really, really should be advertised. Long-time CC subscriber, very disappointed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal here, and it's very frustrating. My device (SP4, i5, 4gb ram) is listed as a supported device and the minimum requirements show 4gb ram. I was so excited for this app last year and haven't used it since live brushes (the reason for my excitement) aren't supported. There has seemingly been no reason i've seen given (though my own speculation says it's a ram thing...can anyone confirm it works on a SP4 with 8gb ram?), and promises for support. If this is happening, I will be thrilled, but it would be good to know WHEN this support is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 😕 I bought a Surface Go only to use Fresco and... it says that live brushes are not supported. Well I'm so disappointed. Hope it will be fix very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. Fresco and live brushes work beautifully on my Surface Go (8GB RAM version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines