• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe fresco keeps crashing on startup after loading documents.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I start up fresco it crashes right after the loading documents screen. I looked in event viewer and it told me it was an "Exception code: 0xc0000005" In the "gemini_uwp_bridge.dll" file 

I tried driver updates, reinstalling it, checking for corrupt system files, and doing a Windows Memory Diagnostic scan, but to no avail.

if I go back a Fresco version, it works but crashes after selecting brushes or brush size.

any help is very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @maxb31796697@thomparat@Ben -Rogue 17@meredithdavey,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening since the V4.4 update?
Seems to be an issue for a lot of people on Windows with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have the same problem. Fresco 4.4, Surfacebook 3, Windows 11. Crash during loding documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 11 adobe fresco 4.4.0. I've done some digging and it works on a fresh different user account on windows with the same admin rights. 

on the user account where it crashes on loading documents, it says in the event viewer the following 

(Faulting application name: Fresco.exe, version: 4.4.0.1188, time stamp: 0x6377dc84
Faulting module name: gemini_uwp_bridge.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x640bdc5e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000a5ce6e
Faulting process ID: 0x0x85A0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D963252755D23F
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.Fresco_4.4.0.1188_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\Fresco.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.Fresco_4.4.0.1188_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\gemini_uwp_bridge.dll
Report ID: da3b2e4f-e747-418f-af69-261e81fffc9c
Faulting package full name: Adobe.Fresco_4.4.0.1188_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e
Faulting package-relative application ID: App)

It also works when I go back a version (adobe fresco) but crashes when I use the brush size settings and brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the 4.4.0 version. I even updated to Windows 11 to see if it would help. Does anyone have a guess on when this will be resolved? I use this for work and am kinda stuck until this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert back to previous version rather than waiting for a resolution. That way you can continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying! It keeps telling me it fails, or try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue, thought it was just me! I've tried all the troubleshooting and none of it is working. Bit of a disappointment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @meredithdavey,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind sharing the logs (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here.  I’ve tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, using the previous version of the software, and updating drivers for both my Wacom screen as well as the Nvidia graphics drivers.  All to no avail.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ben -Rogue 17,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind trying to download Fresco v4.0 and checking if it helps?

(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anubhav,

I uninstalled the current versions of Fresco and downloaded and installed v4.0 that you sent.  It opens without crashing and seems to be working okay otherwise.  Thanks for your help.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ben -Rogue 17,

Thank you for letting us know that the solution provided worked for you. We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. To help other users with similar problems, would you mind marking the answer as correct? We appreciate your contribution to the community. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.  I'd be happy to,  but it doesn't look like I have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving someone a link to a previous version that is only active for 24 hours is not going to help any other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @maxb31796697@thomparat@Ben -Rogue 17@meredithdavey,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic! It works.
Thank a lot.

Martin

Surface Book 3, Windows 11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just downloaded v4.7.1 onto my Surface pro 8 running Windows 11 and I am having the same crashing issues. Every time I try to open a document, it starts to load and then crashes. I have uninstalled multiple times and have reset/repaired my creative cloud app but nothing is working. Could I get some assistance too please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kat365,

We're sorry to hear that the suggestions provided above did not help. Would you mind sharing the logs (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/c29ec56c-ad5f-48cd-60c6-9015688e7df0 Here's the logs (I think...), hope I got the log sharing thing right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kat365,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for sharing the logs. Kindly allow me some time to check this with the team.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kat365,

Thanks for your patience. We will need some additional info. Our product team has also requested the crash dump file ".dmp" from the Adobe Fresco Crash Reporter. You will see the Crash Reporter window after you relaunch Fresco after a crash.

Feel free to reach out if you need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have sent all the reports whenever I have a crash. I'm not sure if this is what your after but I don't see a way to download any ".dmp" file in the crash reporter window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I found it! I can't put the file on the forum here so I have emailed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines