Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco keeps crashing trying to load files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since Adobe draw is discontinued - I'm forced to change to Fresco or Illustrator instead. I'm going for fresco since it's also free as Draw. I have created a creative acount so I can transfer my files I've done in "Draw". I've noticed that they can be loaded into fresco via the iPad aswell (via the "+" in the app). 

But I'm having some troubles doing that. First of all, I've got some huge files that are like 500mb - 1,3 gb (way too huge files if you ask me, shouldnt vector files by way smaller??). Anyhow... everytime i try to load a project into my Fresco, it starts loading and then always crashes around 50%. It's the same outcome trying to load it in from the cloud or via the add-on button in the app... 

I have limited time with draw, til 10 januari 2022 to be precise. And I'd like to transfer my files to Fresco before the app dissappears.

(ps. the files are in my cloud worst case scenario) 

Help please? 

TOPICS
Device , Import , Performance , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the recent update of Fresco and see if this is still an issue.

Could you also download the files onto the device so you aren't necessarily having to connect to the cloud to try to open in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The recent update is installed, it doesn't make any difference. 

There is no option for downloadind the files to my device. The only option available is to make it available offline, even that doesn't make any difference. 

So the issue remains... unfortunately.. 

Best regards, 

Khaled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of iPadOS & Fresco
  • Which iPad model is this?
  • Is this happening with a specific file, couple of files, or all?
  • How much free space do you have in your Creative Cloud account?
  • Are you logged in with the same email ID in Fresco, Draw, and Creative Cloud?
  • Does signing Out and In from the app help resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried using a different Internet connection?

Also, you may go to this website (https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations) to log in with your account. Then, select the Draw project > click on Convert to Fresco and let us know how it goes.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

• iPadOS: 14.8, Fresco: version 3.0.1
  • iPad Pro (12,9) 3rd generation (2018)
  • It's only happening with a specific file. I am able to open the others (hence, much smaller files)
  • 13,4 gb free on my creative cloud account. 
  • It doesnt resolve the issue signing out and in. It still remains
  • I've tried several internet connections, even via SIM-card, no difference. 

I've already tried that. It converts the file, making the file way smaller, but I'm still unable to open it. 

Best regards, 

Khaled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please share the link of this specific file with us here or via DM? We will take a look at it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've sent a link via DM. 

Best regards, 

Khaled Merei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file with me via DM. I was able to open the file in Fresco on Windows 10 Laptop, but it is crashing on Apple mobile devices. I have shared your file with the product team. Once I get a response from them. I will get back to you. Thanks in advance for your patience and time.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KhaledMerei, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Are you able to open this document in the Adobe Draw app on your iPad?
  • Share the crash logs:
    1. Go to iPad Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data
    2. Locate the log for your app. The log name starts with JetsamEvent_<DateTime>.
    3. Select the log with the latest date & time.
    4. Tap the Share icon and tap Save to Files.
    5. Select Creative Cloud and Save.

6. Go to this website (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share the download link here.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Here comes the link following your steps: 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/48fcc2ca-9cce-4458-6ef9-cdf43b162a69

Best regards, 

Khaled Merei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. It seems the file you have shared is not the recent one. It shows iPadOS 14.4.1 and Date & time is 2021-03-30 11:22:02.96 also incorrect. Earlier, you have mentioned iPadOS 14.8 is installed on your device.
For example: if you open the file in Fresco and it crashes today. The new log name will be JetsameEvent-2021-11-09-014540.ips. Look for the most recent date by scrolling downwards. Then, share the download link with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad. 
Here's the most recent one: 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/e14612ac-edd9-467a-4af9-41a14ee1b868

Best regards, 

Khaled Merei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time and patience. I would request you to update to v3.1.1 released yesterday. I am able to open the document in it without any crashes on my iPhone. Please check and let me know if it works for you.
Document Link: (https://assets.adobe.com/public/ca5d6030-e334-4357-4835-02c488d55a8f)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working!!

Finally, thanks for the help. Now I don't have to worry about Adobe Draw dissappearing. 

But.. I have a new issue with it now. The file that I now can open in Fresco is not working in Adobe Illustrator (Ipad version). 

The app crashes when i try to send it over to Illustrator. (the same way it did earlier, trying to send it over from Draw to Fresco)

/Best Regards, 

Khaled Merei 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that. I was able to open the file in Illustrator Desktop version on my Macbook Pro. However, it was lagging a lot due to so many vector layers & the file size is pretty huge for an AI file. This could be the reason it crashed on your iPad. As iPad doesn't have enough Ram and processing power to handle that many vector layers. Here is the Ai file (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/7a7b0f62-ca70-4f36-5909-1e9d2e370299). You can check if it is opening on your iPad or Desktop Illustrator. I hope it works!

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they would have kept adobe draw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree.  I prefer Fresco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, Fresco is great. I'm kinda baised since I've been having some troubles with it. 

I love the simplicity of Adobe Draw though, it's a flawless app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand why you disagree, Fresco has more to it, while draw was very simple. I see your point. But liked draw cause it was simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines