• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe fresco makes touch screen stop working windows 11 Surface Book 3

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately (last 2-3 weeks) whenever I use Adobe Fresco, it seemingly disables my ability to use the touch screen on my Windows Surface Book 3... not just in Adobe, but for the entire Windows experience. (Needless to say, Windows has been no help.) 

All drivers seem up to date, as is the app and Windows itself. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem with touch functionality issues in Fresco? (The pen continues to work, but pinch to zoom etc. all go away, making the app completely unusuable. And, after closing it, the only way to get touch functionality back for the rest of Windows is to restart the computer.)

I love Fresco, and have previously used it for both personal and professional projects. This weird (and recent) quirk, however, has made the app a nightmare. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hello @Schaus Creative,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try reinstalling Fresco and check if it helps. Also, try running Fresco under a different administrator account and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything is up to date, and you've checked the system requirements this sounds like a bug in a recent release. Check there hasn't been any additional updates. Then I'd suggest filling in bug report via App Settings > Help > Report a bug. This will open an email that will include details about your system which should help the developers work out what the issue is and either create an update or give you advice on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Schaus Creative,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try reinstalling Fresco and check if it helps. Also, try running Fresco under a different administrator account and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling Fresco, then reinstalling it, and that seems to have fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experience this problem to, You need to reopen the app/document to fixed it, if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But, It's probably from my drawing tablet because sometime it's plugged didn't feel the press of the pen and sometimes the app doesn't fell the press of it too and I have to closed the app and reopened it again. I'm usually a traditional artist but, I also draw things digitally too since I'm a animation student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines