• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco motifs and canvas using Pixel / Live Brushes

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions in regards to drawing motifs and then creating a pattern in Adobe Fresco using either the pixel or live brushes.

Does the quality of the motifs using either one of these diminishes every time I scale or move the motifs around the canvas? This is an issue brought up in Procreate, but I'm not sure if this is the same problem in Fresco.

I also want to ask what is the maximum canvas size supported for the Live brushes? I sometimes get a pop up message stating that the canvas size is too big for the live brushes. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be no issue with the vector brushes, however the standard brushes are resampled everytime you resize (eg: not working like smart objects would be in Photoshop, where the original size is "embedded" in the layer.)
So if you create something on a raster layer and continously enlarge, reduce & enlarge again, it will loose quality a bit every time.
What I suggest is to set up your drawing as a sketch, do your resizing and when the positionning is OK, redraw on top.
Not a worry with vector brushes, they keep their "vector quality" as you draw and transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would it be best to draw and then export to photoshop or would the
quality still gets worse there too?

I also want to ask once you created a pattern using pixel brushes in
Fresco, is it necessary to export to photoshop to clean up and make sure
quality is good or is the quality already good enough to print on fabrics
or wall prints after completion in Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The real problem is not when you resize once but when you continuously resize.
So the thing using photoshop, would be to turn your layers into smart layers, which makes them "immune" to the degradation caused by multiple resizing. (eg; they're keeping their size internally, and all resizing doesn't add to the degradation) in any case all resizing will cause a degradation, it's just that in case of a smart layer, the degradation will only happen once, instead of adding up if you resize multiple times.
The real only way to not degrade anything at all is working in vector .
Now there is leeway in what the human eye can see (otherwise we would have never enlarged small 35mm films to print them onto large billboards, so sometimes it's more a point of theory than anything)
The only way to see if it's acceptable would be to look at it in the situation of the end product (either printed or at 100% on a regular screen, and see if it passes or not)

In terms of workflow, for all things I create in Fresco, I always do some cleaning and formating in Photoshop. That's also probably because I am more comfortable with Photoshop. I am also more comfortable on a big screen (hence why I got Fesco on my desktop computer too to work on tiny details) Thank you Cloud syncing 🙂
But ultimately, it's up to you.. Theorically, the quality of the print (eg:on fabrics) is dependant on the size and resolution of your file (or tile) and the method of printing, so Fresco will absolutely be good enough, as long as you don't mess with the resizing. But that would be the same with Photoshop theoritically too if we weren't using smart layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines