• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco Motion exports at a very low quality, no matter the canvas size

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's an issue I've found with Adobe Fresco's animation/motion features. I've been animating on canvases that are always at least 1080 x 1920 (HD), and this gif was animated on a 2160 x 3840 px canvas, 266 dpi (though that doesn't really matter since this is a digital file and not to print). However, every time I go to export it, it decides to export at 576 x 1024 px. This doesn't change even as I raise canvas size, up the fps, nothing I find is allowing me to export at a higher setting.

Obviously this is less than ideal, since now any animation I export looks blurry to some degree and the only other way I can get it back up to high quality would be to export the png's seperately and edit them myself (which, I will be doing at this point). 

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix? 

Note: I'm drawing on an 12.9 in Ipad Pro, newest ios with an apple pencil. Fresco version is 3.7.5 and up to date. The exported gif is at 12fps but I tried upping it to 24 and the same file size issue occurs.

TOPICS
Canvas settings , Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping mind that a gif is raster and does not hold the quality of a Vector image could this be contributing to your quality issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering what the solution is to this. My gifs are also lousy quality. Any advice anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late here but this is not an answer to the question and it shouldn't be marked as solved. It shows exporting GIF and MP4 as 1024x1024 when my file is 1080x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I recently finished an animation that I wanted to post. Gif version was blurry, but mp4 was fine. However, I need the Gif version so it repeats. Adobe Fresco needs to fix this, it shouldn't change the file size or make it blurry. It ruins the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even exporting as MP4 my 1080x1080 file downsizes to 1024x1024. Really frustrating that I can't even export at Instagram's minimum size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in 2024. 😞

My canvas size is 2880 x 1080 to accommodate a wide screen banner for my website but a GIF or MP4 will not export any larger than 1024 x 384. Even the PNG sequence resizes the image down, which honestly baffles me.

kyeopu_0-1708896949864.png 

kyeopu_1-1708897014382.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed this doesn't have a fix yet- here's what I've figured out tho by some trial and error.

If you go to export it as a gif, it'll automatically compress it down (still unsure why -_- ). But, if you switch it to mp4, *back out of the export screen*, and then go back into it, it'll be able to export the mp4 as the canvas size. It's something with the gif setting in particular.

In the newest update of fresco it'll allow you to export a certain number of loops of your animation when you choose an mp4. Once you have that video, you could go through adobe express (which honestly I don't like the site but the gif maker works) or another online gif editor, or if you have your own video editing software.

I know it's a work around but it's the best I've figured out for now! Gotta love adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for this reply. I tried your suggestion out and while it doesn't export at full resolution, the MP4 is much closer to what I need. Now to stitch this back into a GIF I guess?

Weirdly enough - I also tried this with the Export to Frames option and it did actually export them at the full resolution of 2880x1080, even though the Fresco UI listed the export resolution with the incorrect size. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone trawling through this post in the future, here's the sizes Fresco exported out my animation at:

GIF  -  1024 x 384px

MP4 (Web ready)  -  1920 x 720px

MP4 (Auto)  -  2048 x 768px

Export to Frames  -  2880 x 1080px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your attention to this. I have students creating a short animation and they want to loop it so gif makes more sense. I'm wondering if we took the higher quality mp4 and put it through media encoder and exported it again as a animated gif if the quality would remain high?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, I'm not sure- as long as it exports to a good enough quality via the mp4, I can't imagine media encoder would crunch it down too much making it a gif. Gifs do tend to be smaller sizes though. I'd be interested to hear what you and your students find out!

(I meant to link this previously, but here's Adobe Express's video to gif converter. It doesn't lower the quality and it's free through browser or app, but I don't like how tied with AI Express is as a whole. https://new.express.adobe.com/tools/convert-to-gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines