Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's website says Fresco costs 9.99/yr yet is trying to charge me 9.99/mo

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!

So I'm trying Fresco, and its pretty awesome so far and I'd like to get it, however the upgrade is trying to charge me $9.99/mo and Adobe's website very clearly states it only costs $9.99/yr. Seeing as how I'd prefer to not be charged 1,200% more than was advertised, how do I pay the advertised price? And if I cannot then Adobe needs to update their website asap for obvious reasons.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

I asked the official stance on this and here it is:

You can have access to the 9.99 per year through the App store and there only. Meaning that windows (mobile or otherwise) users cannot take advantage of the offer.

You can still access some functions on the free app, although you'll loose some, and obviously, Fresco is included in the CC full suite (and it's no comfort, I know)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Hi @Tom281483326qpc @Mercedes282074504r1n,

This issue is got resolved now. There was some issue with the certification expiration, which removed the pricing from the in-app purchase for Fresco on iPad/ iPhone (Not available for Windows as of now).

Please reinstall the app & restart the iPad/ iPhone to see the Fresco yearly plan again.

Let us know if the issue persists.

(Note: If you purchase a plan on iPad/ iPhone, it will be carried forward/reflected on your Windows devices, and no extr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there have been a glitch in their help files, but apparently another user found the solution for this

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/is-the-fresco-annual-subscription-still-available-...

(scroll 'till the end)

Let me know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tom281483326qpc,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some more information, like whether you are using Fresco on an iPad and screenshots of the upgrade page, so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm having the same issue as Tom and it looks like others are, too. I use Fresco on a Windows laptop. When I try to upgrade to a paid subscription, the price is way too high. (I'm in Canada, so I assume it's the equivalent of $9.99/mo USD.)

Is this because the Apple App Store has the lower (advertised) price and laptop users can't access that? I'm on a Surface Pro computer, not an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the official stance on this and here it is:

You can have access to the 9.99 per year through the App store and there only. Meaning that windows (mobile or otherwise) users cannot take advantage of the offer.

You can still access some functions on the free app, although you'll loose some, and obviously, Fresco is included in the CC full suite (and it's no comfort, I know)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the replies. To those mentioning some work arounds, unfortunately they did not work for me. It does sound as though Adobe's pricing is dependent on the device being used, and that their website's pricing is misleading and should be updated to reflect the reality. This is disappointing, but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, however, I think they have updated it now. If it's not the case, let me know and I'll pass it on.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom281483326qpc @Mercedes282074504r1n,

This issue is got resolved now. There was some issue with the certification expiration, which removed the pricing from the in-app purchase for Fresco on iPad/ iPhone (Not available for Windows as of now).

Please reinstall the app & restart the iPad/ iPhone to see the Fresco yearly plan again.

Let us know if the issue persists.

(Note: If you purchase a plan on iPad/ iPhone, it will be carried forward/reflected on your Windows devices, and no extra purchasing is required for Fresco to run on Windows. However, these plans are not available as of now for direct purchase on Windows machines.)

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to know that the purchased plan will be carried out on Windows, excellent news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Anshui but the issue is still not resolved. I updated and reinstalled Fresco, restarted iPad as advised and still when trying to upgrade it only offers the monthly option with or without Photoshop. it does NOT offer the £9.99 per year option. How are we supposed to upgrade? Shame because I really like Fresco but already have Photoshop etc on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @denises76572426,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue is still persisting even after reinstalling the Fresco app and restarting your iPad. I completely understand how frustrating this can be for you.

We have informed our team regarding this issue and checking with them. Please allow us some time to check.

In the meantime, would you mind confirming the current region/ country settings of your iPad's Apple App Store and Adobe ID? This information will help us determine whether the yearly plan is available and active in your region or not.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you updated on any progress made.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Anshul. I am in the UK so using the UK App Store and registered my Adove ID in the UK also. 
I look forward to hearing further,

Denise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming your region and Adobe ID, @denises76572426. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked on resolving this issue.

Upon checking on our end, we are able to see the yearly plan upgrade option available for Fresco. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

Anshul_Saini_0-1676505547218.png

To further investigate the issue, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the upgrade options that you see on your end?

This will help us get a better understanding of the situation and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul. The attached screenshot shows only 2 options offered when trying to upgrade - either £68.99 year or £8.99 month for Fresco + PS.

hope this helps 

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 10.01.29.png.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot with us. In the screenshot, you are getting a static paywall which is shown if there is some problem showing the dynamic paywall. The dynamic paywall is the one that includes the Fresco annual plan, as shown above in my screenshot. Please allow us some time to further investigate the issue. I'll get back to you with what the investigation brings.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further news on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @denises76572426,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you that I have sent you a direct message regarding the matter we have been discussing. Kindly check your DM to review the message, and let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul 

Thank you, I have received the DM and tried to reply but it bounces back as undeliverable. May I please thank you for your persistence with this and for the resolution.

best regards

Denise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I'm sorry to hear that your reply bounced back as undeliverable. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Best regards,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anshul and thanks again for sticking with and resolving the issue. I am really enjoying using Fresco.

best regards

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Denise,

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and that you're able to enjoy using Fresco fully. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to keep me updated on the situation.

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you require further assistance or have any questions.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines