• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco pencil art is not good

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will fresco get the same feel like adobe sketch had. The look and feel that sketch had was amazing. Fresco is all pixilated and does not allow you to shade very even at all. It is extremely disappointing they got rid of a great app and replaced it with a far less quality app for pencil artists. Maybe they should put adobe sketch back on the App Store or put the same adobe sketch in fresco at a side chain. Super mad about this change. 

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Canvas settings , Color , Cross-product , Device , How-to , Import , Layers , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really use Sketch, but I find the pencils in Fresco to be quite realistic. On paper a normal pencil doesn't cover every section the same so the pixelation in Fresco looks good to me. I guess that's part of the problem with creative apps, can't please everyone all the time as we all have different styles.

That's not to say I disagree with other points you make. I think in the attempt to create a single app for Oils, Water colours, pixels and Vector as well as all the other things, animation, perspective grides, symmetry etc all aspects of this app have been reduced to cater for too many different requirements of too many different needs everyone has.

As far as Adobe's plans for the app. Best option is to head over to the UserVoice page where people are placing requests for different things. That's where you'll get the developers attention. Here in the forum you're most likely to be responded to by another user, so (in reference to your other posts) getting angry with Adobe in here doesn't really help you get responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they nailed it with adobe sketch. the pencil reacted so well. i hardly had to adjust from paper to a screen. idk why they could not just adapt everything in Fresco like they had in Sketch. its a major disappointment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the brushes in Fresco are AMAZING. Wow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, the default pencil in Fresco is by far the best pencil in any drawing app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sjaani,

I agree with JediMasterJG. I have knots in my stomach every time I use Fresco. I had used Sketch daily in my professional and personal practice of art and architecture for 5 years (literally drawing every day - Sketch all but replaced my paper sketchbook because it was so good.) Fresco is no where near the quality that Sketch offered and I'm praying that despite the promotions and what seems to be trumped up support for Fresco, that Sketch will come back or at the very least, Fresco will be recoded to offer the same quality that Sketch offered.

If I were to rant about it, I would say that taking it away without giving its users a chance to buy it outright is a bit like WW2 book burning! I just don't understand and it wreaks of an overcontrolling governance at adobe (a company that I have used and stood by and promoted for generations...) I'm handcuffed by the low level of quality and sick about the impact its having on our time and work product.

If I were to try to be constructive about the change after two months of struggle, I would ask that someone please call me to help me understand what I'm missing, what I could be doing wrong, or what settings bring Fresco up to the quality that sketch offered. Getting back to using my tablet as I did with sketch would make a hero out of anyone that offered the help or insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely cannot stand Fresca. Adobe sketch was far better. 
the look of the pencil in sketch was amazing I cannot get the same style that sketch had. The way the pencil acted so much like a real pencil was amazing the shading was amazing. 
mom absolutely pissed sketch is gone!!!!!!!!! Please get it back! Or at least make Fresca act in the day way. Also what's with this god awful pixelation!!!!!! 
Adobe sketch was the best for pencil att!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locked as same poster has put same topic, much more politely in this thread 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely cannot stand Fresca. Adobe sketch was far better. 
the look of the pencil in sketch was amazing I cannot get the same style that sketch had. The way the pencil acted so much like a real pencil was amazing the shading was amazing. 
Im absolutely pissed sketch is gone!!!!!!!!! Please get it back! Or at least make Fresca act in the day way. Also what's with this god awful pixelation!!!!!! 
Adobe sketch was the best for pencil att!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locked as same poster has put same topic, much more politely in this thread 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines