• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Save work locally / work offline

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After enjoying Adobe Photoshop Sketch for many years I congratulate you on the new and improved Adobe Fresco app BUT I will refuse to embrace it as it forces me to PAY for cloud storage which I neither want nor need for my art projects. I am perfectly capable of exporting my projects to my other devices and platforms myself and do not want them to synch OR would select that as an OPTION if I so desired. I will not be using Fresco as long as we can't choose to save locally ONLY. I will continue to use Adobe Sketch as long as I can and will move to Procreate entirely when I can no longer access Adobe Sketch. Procreate does not hold me hostage. I would gladly PAY for Adobe Fresco instead of having it free if I could select to save locally ONLY. I know I am not alone in this request for this feature.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Hi @acopsone,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am afraid it is not possible as the Fresco app is a cloud-based app. In order for it to work, creative cloud storage is required. However, there is a workaround.
You may export the finished or old projects that are no longer required, export them as PSD, and save them locally. Now, you can delete the PSD exported project from Fresco to make more space in the Creative cloud.

These PSD files can be imported again in Fresco, and they will be editable

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Home screen of Fresco if you tap on the three dots you can choose 'Make available offline'.
This to me means that the file will not go to the cloud.

Try that out and see if it serves your purpose.

Oh and the forums are mostly responded to by other users so we're here to help with the app, we can't get Adobe to change anything. Best way to do that would be to post a message on UserVoice page which you can access through the Help > Suggest a Feature section of App settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "Make available offline" option mentioned above by @Sjaani will indeed cause the file to be stored locally, but I am quite sure the file will always be stored in the cloud using Fresco - that's just the way it works. If you pick up Fresco on another device, or open it on the desktop, all your work will be there waiting for you.

I don't see any risk of being held "hostage." Your work is available offline if you want it, and even if you lose your device, you are free to download on another device at any time. This basic cloud backup is built into the program and doesn't require you to purchase extra cloud storage above what is provided by default along with the app subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that even if you chose "make available offline" you will still run into storage issues eventually and then you wont be able to use the app without a cloud storage plan... that is where the hostage taking begins.

This is a huge problem for me as well as I have reached my 2gb limit and now am faced with deleting files or purchasing cloud space from Adobe as I have no other recourse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simplei fixed  from firewall i bloked the connection from internet for all adobe yoks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you obvliously dont know on what world you live.... i bet you dont know what adobe fresco look like.... but anyway

simply i got  fixed  from firewall i bloked the connection from internet for all adobe yoks to work offline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry wasnt for you fas for that pizda with his brilliant answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldnt agree more. once you hit the 2gb limit you are taken hostage in order to continue using the app... unless you fork out cash for storage which I already have plenty elsewhere. I am very frustrated with this. very very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worse still, try to download the files from Creative Cloud.  Adobe only provides downloading one file at a time.  You can't select a folder to download for example or even multiple files in that folder.  I don't know their reasoning but the jaded part of me feels like they don't want to support that feature to make it harder to move off their service.  We accidently opened to Adobe accounts and when we discovered the problem we had cloud files under both.  Should have been a simple process to download and upload the files to transfer them and close one of the accounts.  Adobe said they would do the transfer...2 days later still waiting for that to happen.  I'm sorry now that we've gone the Fresco route for our projects and thinking seriously of moving to another tool before we become even more of a hostage to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I have deleted many files that I wouldn't normally.

I understand about working offline - but in this case it clogs up my iPad space. Is there a way to transfer the projects onto an external hard drive and then come back to them (by loading them back into Fresco), if necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be so easy! And Adobe knows this. I tried Fresco a long time ago and didn't like it, and I didn't like the mobile Photoshop Version. Actually the announcement of the "real" Photoshop on an Ipad was the reason why I bought me an Ipad pro in 2018. Fresco and Ipad-PS were crap and I kept waiting for a good Adobe-Drawing/Editing app coming out...and kept waiting and waiting.., In the meantime worked with Procreate, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer (great apps btw.). Now in 2022 I gave Fresco a second chance...and I liked it! I liked it that much that I maybe would stop using Procreate...If I wasn't forced by adobe to save all my files in the cloud, althoug I have 100 gb of cloud storage. This is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @acopsone,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am afraid it is not possible as the Fresco app is a cloud-based app. In order for it to work, creative cloud storage is required. However, there is a workaround.
You may export the finished or old projects that are no longer required, export them as PSD, and save them locally. Now, you can delete the PSD exported project from Fresco to make more space in the Creative cloud.

These PSD files can be imported again in Fresco, and they will be editable.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know what you little genius...? i have made fresco and other adobe yoks  doing online thing  like sync updates etc etc and now fresco is no longer available online and he is doing everything localy... haha take it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an additional issue with an app that saves to the cloud and is "Cloud based".  The cloud currently accounts for a significant proportion of the energy that we are consuming and thus is a significant contributor to global warming.  It also uses water resources for cooling.  The energy and water required to run the cloud is increasing rapidly.  For those of us that are trying to reduce our carbon footprints, any company (Adobe) that is serious about reducing its carbon footprint would offer its customers an option to NOT use the Cloud.

I tried out Fresco and it seemed a great app, but because it forces me to use the cloud I will not use it and will go to one of the alternatives.  Goodbye Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines