• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

apple pencil delay with adobe fresco

Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used the search but haven't found any topic on this:

a few days back i got the notification from adobe illustrator draw, that i should upgrade to fresco and so i did.

sadly i just found out that in fresco my apple pencil got a mentionable delay which i never experienced on adobe draw before. for that i think the setup isn't suitable for me and i wanted to ask if there are other users experience the same problem or get feedback on how to reduce the delay to adobe illustrator draw standards.

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Insel. 

Are you on a first-generation iPad Pro? I am and I experience a delay but only when drawing with the Basic Round vector brush. The other vector brushes are fine. 

Is your experience similar? And what device are you on?

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, i've got the latest generation (bought it a few weeks ago) and i'm also using the round vector brush, which is - as i think - the perfect stroke quality i want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, i just wanted to let you know: the problem is the smoothening process itself. the higher this value, the more delay i get into my strokes. i'm not really sure why this is though because in adobe illustrator draw i got smoothening of my strokes too without a delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...it is the smoothening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Insel. I had heard this about the raster brushes but not the vector brushes (and hadn't noticed it myself; although I mostly keep smoothing off). So are you able to acceptably eliminate the delay by changing the smoothing setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, sadly not, i'm used to the smoothing settings from adobe illustrator draw and with this issue fresco isn't usable for me.

i'm not really sure why this is so different between those two apps since the functionality is basically the same.... except the delay which isn't really there on adobe illustrator draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insel. I don't have a solution for you right now, and I'm not certain at what point the stroke behavior will change, but I wanted to at least let you know that there is a team looking at the smoothing of vector brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the smoothing issue.  Its an issue I've seen not just with Fresco,  but with almost every drawing and painting app, be it Clip Studio, PS, or Procreate.  The higher the smoothing is on,  the more its going to lag things down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I too am having these issues with my Apple Pencil and Fresco. I'm on a 1st generation iPad Pro 12.9 inch and completely love Adobe Draw. But I too am experiencing lag issues with the vector brushes (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread it's mostly the basic round vector brush and any time I turn the smoothing up). Bit of a bummer as I've not experienced that issue in other drawing apps even with it being a 1st generation tablet. 

thanks

-Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul. 

The engineers are looking into this lag when using vector brushes to try to determine what's causing it (beyond a high smoothing setting).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just bought an iad pro with apple pencil 2, I was so upset that I experience delay with pixel brush not vector brush. Even change smooth is not helping. Does anyone has this problem? Thanks for advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am facing the same issue with pixel brushes too and also found they need more pressure than other kinds of brushes and uh that kinda disrupts the flow of the paint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I'm also having this issue on my HP Spectre x360 with HP stylus pen, I see this has been around for a few years now, is there an update on this? The delay is with with every bruwh when the smoothing is on. I've tried different vector brushes, different settings, but without the smoothing there's really no point in using the app ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, is there any update on this issue? I am also experiencing the lag on a first gen ipad pro when I turn the smoothing up. This app would be fantastic if it weren't for the lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this issue has been resolved. I'm experiencing the lag with vector brushes as well. It just started last week with the round  vector brush and now the vector taper brush. I will attempt to see about adjusting the smoothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I'm having the same lag issue with vector brushes but with a surface pro and the most recent surface pen. Just wondering if adobe has any updates on this. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on an iPad 8. Gen with apple pencil, I see this has been around for a few years now, is there an update on this?

I've just installed an update to Fresco this morning. I've tried different vector brushes, different settings, but without the smoothing there's really no point in using the app, it's a necessity for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues too, not just with vector brushes but with the eraser tool as well. It doesn't seem to matter which settings that I change, I still experience severe lag. This is a recent issue as I haven't noticed it before working on my latest project. Which is a bummer because it is really slowing down my process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on my HP Spectre x360 with HP stylus pen, I see this has been around for a few years now, is there an update on this? The delay is with with every bruwh when the smoothing is on. I've tried different vector brushes, different settings, but without the smoothing there's really no point in using the app ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, Adobe should seriously reconsider kicking users off the Draw platform until this issue is resolved. Fresco can not get out of its own way, it can *not* handle quick strokes or stippling, simple things that Draw had no problem rendering in real time. If I make 10 quick hashmarks with the round vector brush, no smoothing, I get maybe 6 marks on the screen, and they all appaear after my hand leaves the glass. Fresco can not do what Draw does, regardless of which iPad used, and Adobe is charging us money to rescue years worth of Draw work if you have more than 2 measly gigs. 

This is insidious. Ask any of us to pay for Draw and we'll happily support it because it *works*. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines